What does Revival Foods stand for?
Who do we represent?
What values are supported with your purchases?
1. We source organically--either from farmers who are certified or practice organic methods. No chemicals, pesticides, herbicides or unnatural preservatives for you, your family, or your rural landscape. We are uncompromising in this regard.
2. We are farmer-founded and farmer-run. We have roots in the local agricultural community, and we only collaborate with farmers we have personal relationships with. That means face-to-face transparency. It means commitments to long term collaboration for the benefit of all (Farmer-Revival-Eater-Community). It means we know intimately the story of how every item in our repertoire came to us and can share it with you. It means you get the freshest food possible from right around the corner.
3. We pay fairly. We pay our farmers prices that honor their labor. We provide our employees with a salary and benefits. We want to participate in and build a long-term, economically sustainable local food system for everyone from seed to plate.
4. Our meats are sourced from LJ Woods Farm. Passionate about breed preservation, LJ Woods specializes in grass-fed, Southern-adapted heritage breeds in danger of extinction. Creating a viable market for these meats ensures their survival. Why are heritage breeds important? They thrive with little care and no need for antibiotics or reproductive assistance. They grow slow and small on marginal forages, providing the most nutrient-dense meat possible. Their history runs opposite to the "bigger, fatter, faster, cheaper" ethic of industrialized food production. They are the heirloom tomatoes of livestock.
5. Our pork products are also sourced from Southern-adapted heritage hogs raised at LJ Woods Farm and fed out on naturally foraged acorns and local (that's next county over local), organic corn. This way you get the best tasting sausage, etc. in the world and your breakfast delight benefits both grain and livestock farmers in your neighborhood. What a wonderful thing to pat yourself on the back for first thing in the morning.
6. We are committed to growing the local food shed. Growing the food shed means building new infrastructure and creating new opportunities for growth, not just reinventing the wheel and expecting things to change. We're passionate about forging new pathways for local food to flow through the community.
7. Revival Foods wants to re-imagine health from the ground up. We want to connect farms and forks more closely. In doing so we hope to raise up the farmer, the landscape, the community, the economy, and you, the eater. There is a revival on, and we hope you'll join. Choose Revival Foods and Farm a la Carte. We look forward to your friendship and your patronage.